March 17, 2020
Your health and safety is our top priority during your cancer treatment and the current public health alert for COVID-19. We are continuing radiation therapy, including proton therapy, IMRT and SBRT, for our patients. Enhanced steps are in place at the UF Health Proton Therapy Institute to protect your health and safety, and we appreciate your cooperation as we all work together to “flatten the curve” to minimize the threat posed by COVID-19.
Limiting Visits and Caretakers
- Limit of one caretaker per patient
- No children under the age of 12 allowed, unless they are the patient
- On-treatment visits and follow up visits will be conducted over the phone, unless your case requires a physical examination by the physician
- Please call 904-588-1800 before you come for your cancer treatment if you have any of the following:
- Shortness of Breath
- Exposure to someone with a positive COVID-19 diagnosis
- Traveled outside of the United States in the last 14 days
- Traveled on a cruise ship in the last 14 days
- When you arrive at the Institute, you and your caretaker will be screened before you enter the building.
If you have questions or concerns, please call 904-588-1800 and ask to speak to Brad Robbert. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation. We look forward to continuing to provide you with the best of care during this challenging time.
< View All Press Releases