View Our Facility
Welcome to the University of Florida Health Proton Therapy Institute.
The UF Health Proton Therapy Institute is committed to providing every patient with compassionate care and a strong sense of confidence in the healing process.
View photographs of our Jacksonville, Florida facility below.
360° Views: To move image in any direction, left-click mouse and hold, then slide cursor to left, right, up or down. Download speeds vary depending on Internet connection. Thank you for your patience.
Exterior • Lobby & Atrium • Inner Lobby & Playroom • Equipment • Treatment Room
- The UF Health Proton Therapy Institute is located at 2015 N. Jefferson Street, on the campus of Shands Jacksonville.
- Our light-filled lobby is designed to make you and your family comfortable. It features living room seating, a separate reading room and Internet access.
- 360° view of the main lobby.
- 360° view of the main reception area.
Inner Lobby & Playroom Back to Top
- Our inner lobby recognizes supporters whose financial contributions helped make UF Health Proton Therapy Institute a reality.
- 360° view of the interior lobby.
- Pediatric patients can enjoy our playroom before treatment.
- Your simulation process may include CT PET imaging to help pinpoint the location, size and shape of your tumor.
- 360° view of the CT PET scanner.
- Customized molds and other devices that help position you during treatment are made on-site in our machine shop.
- Your customized body mold may look similar to this sample.
- In addition to proton therapy, UF Health Proton Therapy Institute can provide conventional X-ray therapy to treat cancer.
- Through a process called electrolysis, protons are taken from water and injected into the cyclotron (cylindrical structure at center), which accelerates protons to nearly the speed of light. The protons are guided through the beam line at right.
- The protons travel through the beam line, guided by electromagnets, into one of four treatment rooms.
- Close up of one electromagnet on the proton beam line.
- Backroom operations are monitored from the control room.
- Proton therapy is delivered while you lie on the treatment table. A gantry rotates to deliver therapy precisely to the tumor site.
- For your comfort, each proton therapy treatment room has private changing rooms and bathrooms.
- 360° View of the treatment corridor.
- 360° View of the treatment room.