When: Saturday, August 27
Where: The Jacksonville Landing
Lung cancer is the number one cancer killer in America, and unfortunately, it's on the rise in women. On Saturday, August 27, at 8 a.m. at the Landing, the UF Health Proton Therapy Institute is participating in the third annual LUNG FORCE Run/Walk 5K. The Run/Walk raises awareness of lung cancer and other lung diseases. To show our unity in the battle of lung cancer, we invite you to participate for free. In addition, each participant will receive a UF Health Proton Therapy Institute t-shirt to wear the day of the race.
There’s still time to register. Signing up is simple and free for all patients, alumni, families, friends and staff. Follow the steps below:
- Log onto www.lungforce.org/runwalk
- Type the zip code, 32206, in the city search. Your computer will automatically go to a new page
- Click on LUNG FORCE Run/Walk – Jacksonville, FL-Jacksonville Landing
- Click the “Register” icon
- Click “Join Team”
- In the “Team Name” box, type UF Proton and search for a team
- Click “Join” to join Team UF Proton
- Continue to follow the steps
- Repeat process for all new participants
- Use the code UFPROTON for free registration for all participants
- Please feel free to make a donation to LUNG FORCE
- After you complete your registration, email Brad Robbert email@example.com with the name and shirt size for everyone you registered.