Jacksonville Jaguars offensive lineman Zane Beadles is tackling more than opponents on the football field. Through his charitable foundation, The Zane Beadles Parade Foundation (ZBPF), he is also tackling a community project to bring fun, excitement and joy to our pediatric patients and their families.
Now through December 5, Zane is hosting a holiday gift drive at nine Jacksonville area drop-off locations.
"The UF Proton children are such an incredible, tenacious group," said Zane. "I'd love for the community to celebrate the Season of Giving by donating wish list items that these kids can enjoy year-round."
People in the community are encouraged to choose an item from the "UF Health Proton Therapy Institute Wish List" and bring it to one of the following locations:
- Engine 15 Brewing Co.
- 1500 Beach Blvd., Jacksonville, FL 32250
- Mellow Mushroom (four locations)
- 1018 3rd St. N., Jacksonville Beach, FL 32250
- 3611 St. Johns Ave., Jacksonville, FL 32205
- 9734 Deer Lake Ct., #1, Jacksonville, FL 32246
- 1800 Town Center Blvd., Fleming Island, FL 32003
- Reputation Ink
- 1303 N. Main St., Suite 108, Jacksonville, FL 32206
- Sports Mania
- 1246 3rd St. S., Jacksonville Beach, FL 32250
- Woody’s Bar-B-Q (two locations)
- 1638 University Blvd S., Jacksonville, FL 32216
- 8540 Argyle Forest Blvd, Jacksonville, FL 32244
Items on the "Wish List" include:
- All ages
- Zane Beadles Snuggle Pad: The Zane's Parade Snuggle Pad is a plush toy elephant that doubles as a functional fold-out tray. Every donation of a Snuggle Pad is matched one-for-one by Zane's Parade, so your purchase means two children will benefit. To order, visit the ZBPF Shop at zanesparade.org
- Bubbles, I Spy books, light-up spin toys, iPad Minis
- Musical toys and light-up toys
- LEGO Duplo blocks, musical toys, light-up toys, See 'n Say, Playskool Busy Poppin' Pals toys
- School age
- Sticky Mosaics toys, coloring books, LEGO friends sets, Hot Wheels, Fuzzy Velvet posters, playing cards and puzzles (50-100 pieces)
- Individual arts and crafts kits, Fuzzy Velvet posters, picture frames, LEGO BIONICLE kits, playing cards, UNO, Phase 10, electronics, DVDs (Rated G, PG, or PG-13), games for Xbox, Kinect (games must be rated E, E10+ or Teen and non-violent)
About the Zane Beadles Parade Foundation
The Zane Beadles Parade Foundation (ZBPF) supports the journey of young people going through life-changing medical experiences. Founded in 2013, ZBPF is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that gives the gift of fun, excitement, and joy to young patients and their families. Scientific studies and personal experiences prove that having positive, meaningful experiences significantly improves patients' quality of life, lowers their stress levels, and improves their overall recovery during treatments for serious medical conditions.
To learn more about the Zane Beadles Parade Foundation, please visit zanesparade.org.