The 11th Annual Play Golf. Fight Cancer.® Classic , UF Health Proton Therapy Institute’s primary fundraising event, is Oct. 11-12, 2015, at The World Golf Village, St. Augustine, Fla. The event is being presented by IBA and .decimal with additional support from Shepherd and has something for everyone.
A dinner and silent auction is planned for Sunday, Oct. 11, in the World Golf Hall of Fame & Museum. For all who register as a player, you automatically have a ticket to the dinner. However, tickets to attend the dinner and silent auction are also available for those who do not wish to play golf.
Aside from a great dinner, you will enjoy entertainment such as:
• A live auction called by local celebrity Chef Robert Tulko.
• Bid on auction items such as
- A one-week stay at a North Carolina cabin
- A luxury boat excursion for 6 people
- Dinner for 6 prepared by Chef Robert Tulko
- Passes to the 2016 The PLAYERS tournament
- A laptop computer
• A look inside the World Golf Hall of Fame & Museum honoring the greatest players and contributors to the game of golf.
• Try out the new Golfzon golf simulator for a virtual experience playing on a choice of 150 worldwide courses
The tournament will be played Monday, Oct. 12, on both of the o ffi cial courses of the World Golf Hall of Fame. The King & Bear is a course that has the distinction of being the only design collaboration between namesakes Arnold “The King” Palmer and Jack “The Bear” Nicklaus. The Slammer & Squire is a championship resort course designed by Bobby Weed with consultants Sam “The Slammer” Snead and Gene “The Squire” Sarazen.
Golfers will have the chance to win prizes along the way and to meet and greet 7-time Olympic medalist Shannon Miller. She is the honorary chair of this year’s tournament and is the keynote speaker at the awards ceremony following tournament play.
Please join us in support of proton therapy research and register today at www.playgolffightcancer.org website. To donate or support the cause in some other way, if you are not available for the event, contact tournament chair Michael McPhillips at email@example.com (904) 910-7098 or Judy Taylor Holland firstname.lastname@example.org (904) 588-1401.