University of Florida Health Proton Therapy Institute (UFHPTI), located in Jacksonville, Florida, has an immediate opening for a Controller in the Finance Department. UFHPTI is the first proton therapy center in the Southeast U.S. With state-of-the-art proton therapy techniques and medical professionals, we are committed to providing excellent, effective, and safe proton therapy to cancer patients. UFHPTI is equipped with proton and photon radiation therapy modalities and imaging systems.
The Controller is involved in the planning and implementation of organizational policies for preparing financial statements in accordance with the industry standards and state or national authorities. The Controller reports directly to the Finance Director.
Under the direction from the Director of Finance the Controller prepares balance sheets and analyzes the profit or loss for the financial year. He/She assists the internal and external auditors. He/She ensures that the records are accurate so as to analyze the current financial status of the organization. He/She assists in planning future goals and objectives. This position works in close coordination with the accounting staff.
Qualifications: Qualified candidates should have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting required. MBA Preferred.
- CPA certification required
- 5 years prior experience in applicable finance field, preferably healthcare.
- Minimum of 3 years of supervisory experience.
- Understanding of proper GAAP not-for-profit accounting principles.
- Must understand proper corporate tax treatment and return information.
- Must understand laws and regulations governing payroll and employee benefit plans.
- Must have the ability to foster and cultivate business opportunities and partnerships both internally and externally.
- Ability to create and assess financial statements and budget documents required.
- Must have understanding of general corporate laws and regulations with the ability to determine when outside legal advice should be obtained.
- Ability to understand and develop proper internal financial controls for the company.
- Must have advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook and good understanding of accounting software.
- Above average communication skills, both written and oral with the capability of making effective presentations to the Bondholders and Board of Directors required.
- Ability to provide a high level of service to internal customer’s requests and through timeliness of response is required.
UFHPTI offers a competitive salary/benefits package, an excellent work environment and the opportunity to be part of a team committed to providing world class service to our patients.
UFHPTI is an equal opportunity employer and supports a drug free workplace.
< Return to Employment Opportunities